We have always been fascinated with analogue effects circuits, and we love the way their quirks and nonlinearities inspire us to find new sounds.
Farbshaper is based on a classic circuit that turns a ramp into a sine, and was historically used in function generators and oscillators. On any other signal it will add one or multiple wave folds.
The circuit produces opposite offsets internally, so the knob settings interact strongly and are fun to automate with CV.
This module is excellent to use as a non-linear shaper for acoustic and electronic sounds, ranging from gentle timbral transformation to colourful wavefolding.
It is part of our Farbfilter (colour filter) range of sound colouring modules, offering a wide sonic palette from lending subtle colour to rich timbre bending tones in 4 HP.
Farbshaper is designed to be an easy, beginner-friendly DIY build you can solder yourself.
• Classic analog West Coast circuit: multi stage Waveshaper / -folder.
• CV and Attenuation to control first single Fold stage.
• CV and Attenuation to control Pleat, a second dual Fold stage.
• Internal CV offset creates dead zones for VCA-like use.
• Backlit panel offers instant visual feedback over CV.
• Flip panel: with or without number.
Semi-DIY-Kit. Most of the components are completely ready, you only have to assemble panel, knobs and some screws/washers.
|Current draw +12 V [mA]:||72|
|Current draw -12 V [mA]:||15|
|Panel / Color:||Black FR4|
Making Sound Machines are a duo of makers from Düsseldorf. We build kits, modules and DIY projects, and use the projects we've built to make music.
0 of 0 reviews