We took the idea of a “patch programmable” function generator/processor, put two units in the same module and expanded them with new functions and ways to combine them: Slope detectors, analogue logic functions and evolved outputs.
• Voltage controlled Attack Decay envelope.
• Attack Sustain Release Envelope .
• More complex ADSR Style Envelope.
• Dual VCO. With Square, PWM, Saw, Log, Exp and Triangle shapes. Hard and soft sync.
• Gated VCO
• VCO + Analog AND Gate (As ADTimbral VCA)
• Dual Low Pass Filter
• Dual Low pass Filter with VCO soft sync.
• Low Pass Filter + AD Envelope
• Dual “syncable” voltage controlled LFO with Square, PWM, Saw and Triangle shapes)
• Complex LFO . Function combination.
• CV controlled and “Ping-Pong” LFO.
• Dual Slope detector. Distinguishes when and incoming signal (CV or audio) is rising or falling, and generates gates in concordance.
• Comparator. Send a gate when B IN is bigger than A IN
• Polyrythmic gate generator. With both channels synced between each other, it generates several “complex rhythm” gates.
• Voltage controlled Slew limiter with independent attack and decay control and continuous variable shape between Log, linear and exponential
• Peak Voltage follower. Max Out follow the maximum Level of the two inputs.
• Minimum Voltage Follower. Min Out follow the minimum level of the two inputs
• Envelope follower with adjustable response for rising ans falling flanks.
• Voltage controlled Trigger Delay .
• Burst Generator.
• Built around two voltage controlled Integrators aka Lag Processors.
• Convert square signals into ramp waveforms
• Achieve “Portamento” or “Glide” effect when applied to pitch CV signals.
• Basic lowpass filtering
SMD-Kit-1. This is a Do-It-Yourself kit, not an assembled module. The kit includes all parts to build the module. All SMD parts are pre-soldered, only trough-hole parts to solder. For build guide, more info, videos etc. please check the buttons below.
|Current draw +12 V [mA]:||110|
|Current draw -12 V [mA]:||90|
|Panel / Color:||Black Alu|
Befaco is an Eurorack manufacturer that also offers DIY kits, organizes workshops and releases their designs under Creative Commons license.
In February 2010 Befaco was created as an open hardware platform focusing on professional DIY musical hardware, materializing the previous electronic, musical and artistic research of its members.
Our main activity has been developing synthesizer modules in eurorack
format and making them available in workshops. All this research is
published under CC-NC-SA License, so people can download the schematics,
and technical assembly guides, to make their own variations of the
projects for personal and educative purposes. Also build all our designs
during our regular workshops in cities as Barcelona, Madrid, London or
During the past twelve years, apart of these regular four cities, we have visited cities as Tokyo, Kyoto, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Lyon, Stuttgart and Amsterdam, amongst many other European cities.
These workshops are a huge test playground where we can track each module being built by different worldwide users, get direct feedback and quickly improve them with, develop new ones, or adapt these instruments to users demands constantly.
Direct contact with DIY enthusiasts allows an implication of users in the structure, allowing them to design their own modules and develop them in a professional way. This has developed into an incubation environment for several new modular initiatives, allowing different makers to start their own similar projects.
Befaco initiative is possible thanks to the support of Hangar, an artistic production centre in Barcelona, Barcelona city hall and the titanic work by the whole Befaco team.
0 of 0 reviews